Self-Employed — Ottawa, ON (2017–Present)
- Wrote web copy, articles, and fictionalized narrative to client specifications.
- Conducted interviews with subject matter experts to gather information on content.
- Collaborated with clients to make changes and revisions according to feedback.
- Wrote based on interviews, existing content, client notes and discussion, and references from materials provided.
- Advised on organizational structure of website and communications best practices.
Department of National Defence — Ottawa, ON (2017)
- Managed publication of web content.
- Researched and wrote articles on history for newspaper publication.
- Edited and revised materials in both English and French.
- Translated English-language materials into French for rapid turnaround.
- Assisted communications team with transition from print to web media.
- Wrote internal communiqués and video scripts.
- Supported communications team with additional tasks as needed.
Ottawa Riverkeeper — Ottawa, ON (2016)
- Wrote, edited, published, and distributed all communications content.
- Created press releases and media advisories for print, radio, and television sources.
- Wrote blog posts for the ORK website.
- Published newsletters and event information via email distribution.
- Managed social media accounts and created Facebook and Twitter posts.
- Translated English-language materials into French.
- Designed and printed advertisements for events.
- Served as main point of contact for all communications-related needs.
Ottawa Institute of Systems Biology — Ottawa, ON (2014)
- Independently wrote, created, and organized all content for new website.
- Revised web content according to feedback from director and investigators.
- Created graphics and took photographs for website.
- Served as liaison between OISB and web development team on website creation.
- Produced yearly report for 2013 calendar year.
- Established and curated social media presence for OISB.
The Ottawa Hospital — Ottawa, ON (2013)
- Wrote and edited articles for biweekly print newsletter and weekly email newsletter.
- Conducted interviews and took photographs for articles.
- Created videos for recognition events to client specifications, including planning, filming, editing, and revisions according to feedback.
- Designed and produced graphics and posters for in-hospital campaigns.
- Managed and updated hospital noticeboards to keep staff informed of upcoming events, campaigns, and other news.
- Assisted in organizing and running staff events.
Financial Consumer Agency of Canada — Ottawa, ON (2013)
- Monitored agency media mentions and articles relevant to agency mandate.
- Created and distributed daily media packages to directors and interested staff.
- Wrote articles for publication on FCAC website and in the press.
- Assisted with editing and revising web content.
- Created social media activity reports for FCAC files.
Early Psychosis Intervention Ontario Network — Ottawa, ON (2012)
- Wrote plain language web content for public and private sites.
- Adapted print and other web content for use in online publication.
- Edited web content according to client feedback.
- Worked in collaboration with project manager and graphic designer to entirely redesign and restructure EPION website.
- Created private searchable database of articles relevant to EPION mandate.